Here is the end result of the 3D leather skull project. Part of the Stolen Souls Armor project.
The skull was cast in leather. I went for a front and a back cast so I could combine them into a box or a purse. I don’t know squat about purses so I decided to not place a handle on the skull until the wife and her friends educate me on that.
I did use resin and fiberglass to add strength on the inside for durability. Hand saddle stitching is used as well and a limited amount of machine stitching.
For the first try I was pleased to get the undercuts and high relief’s I got. And the detail on the back of the skull as well.